Old August 19th 08, 04:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

Default Forceware v177.83 + GeForce 8+ = PhysX

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcew...s/download.asp

I've tried Nurien, Warmonger, F@H with success. The Fluid demo merely
fails as soon as I click it, oh well. There are a few more substantial
tech demos available. It's a very complete package and I'm still
enjoying the novelty.

I also have GRAW2 v1.05 (the patch version required) so I'll give that a
shot as well, oddly that link doesn't offer GRAW2 v1.05 as a download
when all documentation says it does, perhaps since I had installed it
already?

How does it run? Folding at Home ran blisteringly fast (OPT185@3G) but
my 8800GTS G92 made a high pitched squeal it never did before so I put a
stop to that experiment quickly, I'd rather get protein-foldiosis than
troubleshoot that.

Warmonger ran great single player, I'm not going to install Gamespy and
net 1.1 for multiplayer. Lots of crap floating in the air, fireflies and
soot. Lots of stiff, unrealistic flags flittering around which you can
shoot through but not light on fire. You can destroy some walls too with
effort, a nice touch.

Nurien was cute, but the textures were so ratty and the resolution so
low and the antialiasing so ugly I couldn't see what the appeal is? What
am I looking at again? Maybe if I could adjust the settings...none to
adjust! The Nalu demo on the 6800GT had more fluid motion and more sheer
fabric and more atmosphere and all at higher frame rates.

I averaged 29, min 19, max 40 on Nurien.

Graw 2 is crashing with 177.83/177.90 and 'Physx Extreme' or 'High' set
on my 8800GT. How do you fare?