Old October 9th 03, 11:49 PM
bluestringer

"Darthy" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:00:55 -0400, "bluestringer"
wrote:
I have the 5200 Ultra, not the plain 5200, but it was only about 20 bucks
more than the plain version. My review of mine is it's a great card for

the
price. Does exactly what it's supposed to do for a budget card. A lot of
people are saying they won't run DX9 games, but I've run a couple of DX9
demos and it does great, and the graphics look just wonderful. If you're
looking for a budget card that will run games with AA and Ansio enabled

with
playable frames and is DX9, the 5200 Ultra will do the job.

DEMOS and games... two different things.

Lets lookie he
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1797&p=7

The 5200Ultra is no faster than the Ti4200... which is CHEAPER with
FSAA turned on. With FSAA turned off, the Ti4200 is almost twice as
fast as the 5200Ultra.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Mine works great for me. It is a budget card and definately worth the price
I paid for it. Mine is faster than my old ti4200, side by side testing
proved it for me. After extensive testing, I am very confident it will work
very well in the DX9 games I plan to play.

bluestringer