Old October 30th 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
HockeyTownUSA

Default eVGA 7950 GT KO SC vs. 7950 GT KO

"Crispy Critter" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:40:51 -0500, HockeyTownUSA wrote:

I know the difference between the 7950 GT KO Superclocked an GT KO are
basically 40MHz in the GPU speed. But does this make a whole lot of
difference.

40mhz will make very little difference to your perception of how well a
game runs. It's more to give bragging rights in 3Dmark06. My 7900GT KO
would artifact in 3DMark06 Deep Freeze so I downclocked the ram to 660mhz
from 750mhz. I got no more artifacting after that and I couldn't tell the
difference in games, of course my 3DMark06 score was a bit lower though. I
did do an RMA and got one that runs fine at 750mhz but it's really no big
deal. If it's only $25.00 extra I would maybe buy it anyway.

Well, I went with the 7950 GT KO Superclocked anyhow. It ended up being
about $20 difference. Guess I can part with $20 for an extra 1 fps... LOL.