Old March 3rd 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Need video card recommendation

I believe that you must have an AGP 2 slot, if the board supports AGP 4X (as
claimed in your manual; I checked it my downloading the manual from
support.asus.com).

To verify, see:

http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html

If your AGP slot has the keys for both the 3.3V and 1.5V cards, you should
be able to use most AGP 3 cards (4X/8X), which will make your choice a lot
easier.

I admit to some curiosity as to why you're attaching an expensive monitor to
such an ancient PIII/Slot 1 PC, but that'd your choice.

"Steve" wrote in message
I just purchased a LaCie 321 monitor. It's connected to a VGA port on an
older Matrox Millennium card. The MB is an Asus P3V4X withan AGP/4x slot.
It's probably AGP 1 because it doesn't say otherwise in the manual, nor
does it give voltages. The new monitor can take both VGA and DVI-I input.

I'm looking for a replacement video card with a DVI-I port (plus a second
port, VGA or DVI) which will work on my MB. All cards I've seen to date
seem to require at least AGP 2.

TIA
Steve

Please reply to