Old August 21st 04, 05:33 PM
David J. Antoine

Folk,

I tried that product. It didn't work for me. For what it is worth, it put the
registry setting in and set it to 1. However, it didn't take effect in any
OpenGL game (Quake III, UT OGL, and UT2K4 OGL were my test games). It was easy
to tell that it didn't work because I have a high Hz of 120. Seeing the frame
rate drop to 60 and turning off vsync to see it shoot back up to 100 or so was a
dead giveaway. Thanks for your help.

Peace & God Bless,

David J. Antoine
John 14:27 & Numbers 6:24

Folk wrote:
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:34:44 GMT, "David J. Antoine"
wrote:

I was wondering if nVidia supported triple buffering in OpenGL
especially with the 6800 series. I had previously purchased a 6800 GT
that I had enjoyed, but I could not get this feature to work. My card
before the 6800 purchase was an ATi Radeon 9800XT. I had tried
various tweakers to insert the setting in the registry
(OGL_EnableTripleBuffer). However, I could tell that double buffering
was on in my OpenGL games. I actually returned the card because of this
in spite of the fact it rocked at everything else. Does anyone know if
nVidia will support this feature in future drivers? Thank you for your
time.

This product: http://www.nvhardpage.com/
supposedly enables triple buffering in OGL, but I haven't tested it.