Old August 19th 04, 12:17 AM
Les

Alan Sawdon wrote:

snipped pyramid scam

Nicked this from another post elsewhere

I pity "Todd A Shortlidge". He joined today and is currently no. 71 on the
list.

Which means that when another 1846 people have signed up, he will get his
card. The trouble for him is, if only another 1845 people sign, he's been
ripped off and wasted his money.

So what's his chances? Well the 1846th person will look at the list, and if
he has half a brain, he will work out that another 38,766 people need to
sign up for him to get his card. So - and its just a guess - perhaps he
won't bother. Doh.

Actually, I suspect it will breakdown after perhaps only another 10 or 20
people sign up. If the list tops 100 names, I will be surprised. Poor old
Todd A Shortlidge will probably be about 1700 names short of his 1800 name
target. What a dickhead.

--
Les
AMD64 3200+