Old July 16th 03, 01:47 AM
Yoshi Yakaura

On , Adam Selene quilled:

Nice theory, but I bet you might get the exact same results if you had simply just
reinstalled all the creative drivers as they were...

It's a common enough problem - Always install sound drivers last. Always install Video
drivers first, always reinstall sound drivers after reinstalling or upgrading video
drivers.

I'm not disputing your theory - you may in fact be correct, But It's possible that it's
just a case of video drivers being installed after sound drivers.

As for Why - I have no idea. But every case of stuttering I have ever encountered (quite
a few) has always been solved by simply following that simple ordering...

Always install sound drivers last. Always install Video drivers first, always reinstall
sound drivers after reinstalling or upgrading video drivers.

Well, if your theory is correct then you would have to always
reinstall the soundcard drivers after trying new video drivers. Nope,
that ain't gonna happen here. If you owned an Audigy2 you would
understand why I say that. This issue only showed up with 44.xx and
later drivers. Using 43.45 right now with no problems showing yet.