Old May 28th 04, 06:00 PM
Jan Kalin

Default 7DPXDW-P RAID - Howto?

Hello,

I have a GA-7DPXDW-P MB and was wondering if is it possible to "upgrade"
the RAID on this MB to enable full RAID 0+1 configuration. I have 4 120GB
disks that I'd like to mirror and stripe, giving me fast 240GB of mirrored
disk.

I have been searching round the net and found something that might be of
help. On http://www.anycities.com/user/treiber/ there's a link to "20276
2.00.0.28 Full Raid" Promise ROM. I presume this is what I need, but I am
not sure how to actually burn the changed ROM.

I understand German, so I will read through the
http://lumberjacker.kettenfett.com/ (from where the link originates) and
hope to find more information there, but
I was wondering it anyone here has preformed this operation on this board.
Any hints, tips, pointers to information or a review of the procedure will
be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Jan

--
/"\ Jan Kalin (male, preferred languages: Slovene, English)
\ / http://charm.zag.si/eng/, email: "name dot surname AT zag dot si"