Old October 8th 04, 03:11 PM
Bonobo

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:53:19 +0100, BananaOfTheNight
wrote:

Looks very nice indeed!! The limits are quite high(even out of specs
if I dare...)
The cooling of my GPU is good (selfmade water block 28C). Do you think
I can cross the border of the core clock??
Standard is 250 and the 1st border of Riva is on 315 (thats what I use
now).

There's a way of testing: bring one of the clocks up in an increment of
10 MHz and then run a 3DMark program (any is good, so long as it
stresses your system. I used 03). Let it go through the benchmark (not
letting your attention wander from the screen) and if you see any
glitches then stop the benchmark immediately and put the clock back.

It's hard to define what I mean by 'glitch' - it is a kind of texture
anomaly that can either place polygons at random in the screen (easily
visible) or corrupt textures (they appear in strange colours). I can't
really explain their appearance well, but you'll know it when you see
it. Some tests show them up better than others - the Nature test from 03
is a good one to look for errors on (plus the graphics card should have
heated up somewhat by then).

I think I know what you mean. before this Asus I had a "point of view"
fx5200.
This card gave strange multi-coloured rectangles' and all kinds of
coloured "carpets" on hills in my Battlefied 1942 game. Not on every map
but some maps where unplayable for my card. Finely the fan of this card
broke down and the shop gave me the ASUS that only had a heatsink.
I didn't trust the heat dissipation when playing Battlefield and placed a
temp sensor.
In Idle around 33C but when playing Battlefield OVER 70C!!! Thats when I
decided to takeaway the heatsink place a selfmade waterblock. Temperature
now in Idle 27C and when playing Battlefied +1 or +2.

Question: Can this test or raised clock destroy my card or is it just in
indicator that I went to high??

Regards,

Bonobo
DutchDareDevil