Old October 4th 04, 11:39 AM
Bonobo

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:26:48 +0100, BananaOfTheNight
wrote:

Before I overclocked my CPU, I played with the ASUS software
With the supplied software I could raise the...
Engine clock from 250 up to 265
Memory clock 400-200 to 352 ???????? (I dont understand this....yet)
I have tried with "coolbits" but this went to nowhere(installed older
versions nvidia??needed detonator or not,wasn't clear to mee)
Is there a good program to control my ASUS as good as possible??
(I don't need to squeeze the last Mhz out of his wires) Cooling of the
GPU is perfect.

I used coolbits with the Detonator drivers (version 56.56 for XP, 56.72
for 98). You might have installed older drivers with the new registry
tweak, or new drivers with an old tweak, but anyway, here is the
contents of a .reg file to give coolbits for the new drivers:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
"CoolBits"=dword:00000003
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage" = dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAdditionalInfoPage"=dword:00000001

The highest I got mine to was 295 MHz (clock) and 420 MHz (memory), from
250/333. Mine was cooled quite well, having a case fan blowing on it,
but not superbly.

Thanks for the fast reply,

At this monent I use XP and my driver is: 6.14.10.5664 (according MS-XP
system info).

So I understand I have to download coolbits again(what version??) and the
detonator(version??)
After install I have to add your lines in regedit4 ???
I've never done this so checking if this monkey understands correctly.

Regards

Bonobo Netherlands