Old January 13th 05, 08:18 PM
kony

On 13 Jan 2005 09:35:06 -0800,
wrote:

Currently, I have a 1.5 year old 350W Sparkle power supply. In the PC
is:

Sparkle 350W power supply from other computer 1.5 years old
Asus A7V8X-X
AMD Barton 2500 XP
1024 RAM 2x512 333 corsair valueselect
40GB Maxtor 7200
120GB Maxtor 7200
CDRW
DVD-RW
two larger fans in the antec lanboy case

I have tried three motherboards before I decided it was the power
supply. I welcome corrections.

What do the motherboard's health monitor screens report for
voltage levels? Have you a multimeter you can check
against?

I agree with another poster, a 350W Sparkle should power
those parts, though you didn't mention the video card which
is often the 2nd or 3rd most power hungry part. Even so,
it'd take quite a video card to overload the PSU that much.