Old August 17th 04, 07:37 PM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:29:10 GMT, "CSM1"
wrote:

External Hard drive or CDR or even the new DVD data recorders.

And here I'm up to something on the order of 2 sets of 60 DVDs plus a
complete backup on a second computer. I have about 3,000 to 4,000
negatives left to scan and about a 100# worth of *old* prints all the
way back to tintypes and the "petrified cardboard" prints.
The unedited TIFFs run about 60 megs each.

All slides and negatives are indexed in notebooks.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Tape has the disadvantage of having to play the tape until you find the
selection you are looking for. Also Tape is slow in transfer rate.

For 150 Euro you can get a 120 GB external hard drive and case. USB 2.0 or
Firewire. In the USA a external hard drive case is about $40 USD and 120 GB
hard drive is about $90 USD.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com