Old August 16th 04, 10:04 PM
Jim

"Gary Whitehead" wrote in message
Hi All,

Can anyone comment on the scenario below:

---------------------

* 16bits/channel / 4000dpi
* Raw scanner RGB at - gamma 1.0 - (Nikon colour management turned off).
* Only processing performed by the scanner being digital ICE
* Scanner calibrated using it8 targets and resultant icc profiles used to
perform conversion to the working colour space (presently Wide Gamut RGB)
on import of the raw gamma 1.0 files to Photoshop

This seems to me to be the preferred method. Create a profile of your
scanner with color management turned off. You then take the resultant
output to whichever program you prefer, apply the profile, and convert to
whichever working color space you desire. It works for me.
Jim