Old December 12th 03, 08:12 AM
Gary Brown

Default Wireless Network Card On Win98 Not Working

Hi,

I installed a wireless network (Linksys G) on my daughters
two computers. The computer with the wireless card, an
older one w Win98, will not recognize the network. Selecting "Network
Neighborhood" yields a complaint that it can't access
the network. The computer itself does not show up as a network node, as it
does in all other installations I've made. However, it
can access the internet just fine. The newer computer, w XP
home, is connected to the wireless router and is working.

The Win98 system already had a network card which had been
used to access the internet modem directly. The network configuration list
is a mess compared to all others I've seen. Can someone point me to what
should show up?

The Linksys documentation assumes all goes well. Their support was not
helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary