Old July 8th 10, 09:23 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
chrisv

Default Marginal OEM Power Supply

Robert Myers wrote:

If I had to finger a culprit here, I'd point at the business schools,
which seem to be so detached from reality that they actually think that
anything that looks good on a spreadsheet is a good business practice.
That anyone ever would have admired Dell just boggles my mind,

I don't know... There's worse. I remember years ago having to fight
to get a Dell over a Compaq that was $1,500 more despite being far
inferior (e.g. 486 vs. P90), not to mention that, IMO, desktop Compaqs
were, and still are, garbage.

"You get what you pay for", I heard, always from people who had *zero*
clue about computers.

I've had great success with generic hardware.