Old April 13th 17, 04:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default Switch display?

Kenny wrote:

Thanks for the replies. The screen is visibly damaged with just a small
bit bottom right visible so I can just about see the clock but nothing
else so I don't know if it has fully booted, I know it's set to boot
straight to Win 10 on the laptop the HDD came from.

At least one illustration I've seen, these panels are
edge lit. The LEDs are on an edge (which is what accounts
for some light bleed), and some sort of plastic assembly
spreads the light to the whole panel.

If you can see the clock, then it might well have
booted. What you can't see then, is if a modal dialog
is present. It's possible something still might get
your keyboard input.

One thing you could try, is to connect a USB keyboard
to a USB port, and enter the presumed alt-Fn thing to
switch to VGA. Just in case the device keyboard isn't
connected right now.

Paul