Old August 18th 20, 07:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Lynn McGuire[_3_]

Default "Backblaze Hard Drive Stats Q2 2020"

"Backblaze Hard Drive Stats Q2 2020"
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backb...stats-q2-2020/

"As of June 30, 2020, Backblaze had 142,630 spinning hard drives in our
cloud storage ecosystem spread across four data centers. Of that number,
there were 2,271 boot drives and 140,059 data drives. This review looks
at the Q2 2020 and lifetime hard drive failure rates of the data drive
models currently in operation in our data centers and provides a handful
of insights and observations along the way. As always, we look forward
to your comments."

"At the end of Q2 2020, Backblaze was using 140,059 hard drives to store
customer data. For our evaluation we remove from consideration those
drive models for which we did not have at least 60 drives (see why
below). This leaves us with 139,867 hard drives in our review. The table
below covers what happened in Q2 2020."

Yup, buy HGST drives. And hard drives are getting more reliable.

Lynn