Old October 19th 03, 06:35 AM
Tim

It was the reset switch.

The PSU is wrongly labelled. It didn't have any gray or green conductors...

- Tim

"Tim" wrote in message ...
Gudday.
I have a P65UP5 with dual Pentium Pro's. The PSU died, so after hunting
around I managed to get an equivalent wattage PSU (230Watts).

This new PSU has indications of:
3.3Volts.
normal voltges
and
Black COM Return
Green P-ON Remote
Gray PG P-OK

The old PSU had not indications of any of these 'funcitons' although of
course the power connectors have the same colour coding.

The machine is completely dead. The power and Turbo LED's do not light

up -
I have tried both in both ways, but the CPU heatsink fans both spin as

does
the PSU fan. I have stripped the m/b to CPU's, memory & Graphics only. No
beeps at all. I reset the CMOS.....

Does anyone know if the PSU is suitable or not?
Any hints are really appreciated.

Fortunately (or not) this is not my machine....

Thanks, Tim