Old August 24th 03, 02:09 AM
sluisga

Default 8500DV Recording TV leaves sound hissing!

When I record using my AIW Radeon 8500 DV the audio seems fine. But when I
play it back, the audio has some hissing on high range volumes (like
conversations).
Ive included an example:

http://freespace.virgin.net/s.agero/example01.avi

Ive had this problem since I bought the card, but because I bought it on
discount (no box just wrapped in plastic- was VERY cheap) about a month ago
I doubt I'm in for a replacement as there were no others. It also didnt come
with the 29 pin in/out dongle, so Ive had to connect the audio to the snd
card internally.
When recording audio from the same audio input using sound recorder, I dont
get the same problem. It seems to ONLY occur when using the ATI Tv player
for recording and also Virtual VCR! The multimedia centre for the TV program
I am using is version 8.5
I'm also using the Catalys 03.6

My PCs specs a
P3 1Ghz