Old March 25th 05, 06:44 PM
measekite

Pete wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:29:28 GMT, SamSez wrote:

I recently noticed that Sams Club was carrying "Ilford Galerie Professional
Inkjet Photo Range Smooth Gloss Paper" [sic] in 100 sheet boxes, and through
their web site you could also order "Ilford Galerie Professional Inkjet Photo
Range Smooth Pearl Paper" [sic], so I bought two boxes of the gloss and one of
the pearl.

Only when I went to make a print on the pearl, I saw immediately that it was
different than the "Ilford Galerie Professional Inkjet Photo Range Smooth Pearl
Paper" that I had used previously. It had a lower base brightness, a duller
finish and felt thinner despite the box being apparently the same size.

Here's Ilford's response:

"Many thanks for your email. We are sorry thqat you are dissapointed. the Sam`s
Club version of our media is NOT the same as the general brand found in Pro
dealers and is NOT covered in the sample pack. The description of the media in
the sample pack at 280gsm is correct for the media supplied via our dealer
channels where the sample pack was purchased. The packaging is very different
for the Sam`s media and sorry to say that you should have purchased the media
via the same dealer route as the sample pack. Your comments will be passed over
to our marketing group, but the Sam`s media although to the same standards is
very different and is why the media is cheaper. We do not include the Sam`s
version in our sample packs as this is the only outlet for this version
generally. "

Kind of interesting that the name on the box is exactly the same for two "very
different" products.

Sigh....

Any company that pulls tricks like this deserves to go bankrupt. Ooops...
Ilford IS bankrupt. Justice?

Ilford did not pull tricks. They just sold a reduced quality product
based on a customers specifications and packaged it differently.
Hopefully they gave it a different name. The tricks are from Walmart.

Pete