Old July 25th 03, 04:21 AM
Richard Dower

Default 8INXP - DPS power failure

OK...so it seems i have now encountered this strange error message. I had a
56K modem installed on the last PCI slot, PCI 5...i took it out because i
got DSL. Then when i booted up i got the power failure warning.

I am not sure if in fact it had anything to do with removing the 56K modem,
or if it was going to happen anyways. Suffice to say my DPS board is working
and the fan is running, blue light on etc.

So to fix this problem i downloaded the F4 BIOS, the update went fine and
now the error message is gone...but now the startup BIOS screen no longer
displays the message "power supplied by parallel mode", or words to that
effect.

Has this message been removed with F4?...is this the update they applied,
removing this line of text at startup?

Anyway to get this back?...just wondering what others have experienced.