Old October 15th 18, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 7:49:21 PM UTC+2, Paul wrote:
wrote:
Brief update:

New splitter has arrived, mailman stuffed it into the mailbox.

New splitter installed, green cable is hanging a bit though.

Did not help.

TV Signal is now even worse and more noisy.

When thing I forgot to mention is that one TV channel the frames move back and forth...

Are you sure that analog TV is "enabled" on your line ?

Ofcourse it is, perhaps it needs to be connected to other end of splitter, but doesn't seem like but ends are the same the model is:

POA 01-UPC

Can't find a manual for it, but so for my first impression is: total junk stay away from it =D

It's possible that's done by shaving off the sync tips.
Or inverting sync.

What may be happening is shaving off "television signal" in favor of digital cable modem/internet signal.

Speed test showed 100 megabit. My prediction is this signak will get worse over time as this cable modem company tries to compete with fiber optics.

A project may start in me region for fiber optics. I will definetly take part in this cause I can already see where this is going long term

technical drivel snipper, it's a problem on their side, not my side, my sharp television functions well, frame weird image is a problem on remote side).

My guess is, your line needs to be verified by a cable person
coming out in a truck and checking the line. And checking
that the filters are set properly for the service you're
paying for. If an analog cable TV package is part of the
"bundle" you're paying for each month, they should make it work for
you, or, explain what additional equipment is needed.

Possible that line was damaged by all drilling in building or outside.

Some channels come true perfectly, crystal clear, some don't which is a bit weird.

And then there is the weird shaky image. Can record it on video with my camera and put it on youtube if you want...

Yeah I may do that later on or maybe even now...

Now is best so ISP/TV guy can see it too...

A new splitter should not make the situation worse.

HAHA.

You funny.

Electronic junk equipment is everywhere dude =D

Damaged electronic equipment even more !

How would you know it's damaged ??!!!??

Gotta test it, sniff it, eat it, lick it, combine it with all kinds of tests methods to see what is wrong...

Digital future will be horrible because of component failures.

Testing the digital infrastructure and diagnosing it will become a new job in the future.

Bye,
Skybuck.