Old April 28th 16, 09:53 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.periphs.scanner
android

Default Looking for forum for help with Epson scanner

Cross posting to: rec.photo.digital, alt.comp.periphs.scanner

In article , philo
wrote:

On 04/26/2016 02:18 PM, wrote:
Macbook Pro with OS X El Capitan on Epson Perfection v600

I am struggling with scanning odd sizes of old film. I love the Epson v600
scanner. Sometimes it is amazingly intelligent, but other times it is
totally unpredictable and uncontrollable.

For example i am having trouble with the old Kodak 110mm film from the
Instamatics.
What is a good forum or help group to ask questions about Epson scanning?

It will do things like this:

You left that part blank but I can probably help you as I have the same
scanner.

For 35mm and medium format, the scanner is set up to properly auto-crop

but to scan other types of film, though it can do it you will need to
scan with the auto-crop feature turned off, the crop manually.

If you have just a few rolls, that should not be a big deal

If you have hundreds, that might be a problem

Depending on the software i would try to treat each 110 strip as one
picture and crop them afterwards. They are soo small. If there is a
problem to store crops in presets of the software you're using then I
would recommend that you download Vuescan and try it out. It's a free
download and works unlicensed with watermarks.

http://www.hamrick.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/110_film
--
teleportation kills