Old July 29th 07, 03:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
dave

Default pshufb

wrote:
On Jul 28, 9:23 am, dave wrote:
wrote:
For some reason, the pshufb instruction does not work on my
AMD Athlon 64. I tried it in 32 bit mode, and I get an illegal
instruction message from Windows.

According to this:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...0,,30_118_9485...

it should support SSE3.

Any ideas why pshufb doesn't work?

Can you post the binary or hex encoding of the pshufb instruction that is
causing the illegal instruction exception?

--
Be Happy. Don't Worry about the difference between lose and loose.

It is the following five bytes:

0x66
0x0F
0x38
0x00
0xC1

Sandpile.org says pshufb is *Supplemental* SSE3 (SSSE3) which is a follow-on to
SSE3.

--
Be Happy. Don't Worry about the difference between lose and loose.