Old March 13th 08, 01:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Default Power supply requirement for 2 Nvidia GTX in SLI?

As you know, some power supplies made by Seasonic and PCP&C are really
single-rail, but were advertised as multi-rail at one time because it was
fashionable. Now single-rail supplies are trendy, you see all kinds of
monster PSUs re-labeled with 50A or even 70A ratings on the 12V.

"Paul" wrote in message ...
The part that bothers me about these multi-rail supplies, is whether
they'd actually get upset, if the rating printed on the label is
exceeded. That supply is a quad 16 amp, and the 12V2 is getting
pretty close to the limit. Some of the good sites that review
power supplies, find they can double the load on a single rail,
without the supply shutting off. I feel guilty doing the analysis,
like the one I attempted above, when I don't know for a fact that
the supply "tips over" at 16A. But I have to follow what I see on
the label, and pretend that what is printed on the label, is
gospel.

Paul