Old March 11th 06, 05:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default SLI 7800GT or 1x 7900GT?

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2717&p=8

2x 7800GT is over 60% faster than a single 7900GT in extremely
fillrate-limited situations. Add another 7800GT and you can play Quake 4 at
2048x1536 4xAA and still keep your head above 60 fps...

"DC" dragoncarer@woops wrote in message
Ok, so it appears that the 7900GT will cost a little bit more than a
7800GT costs right now (vendors depending, of course, and this in
Australia where everything is a little more expensive video-card wise).

If the 7900GT slightly exceeds the base clocks of a 7800GTX (450/1320 vs.
450/1250), I'm assuming 2x 7800GT (in SLI) will outperform a single
7900GT.

Um...is this right?

Essentially - should I go ahead and buy a second 7800GT (leadtex extreme
450/1050)?

Or wait and buy a single 7900GT?

I think this might turn out to be a very, very stupid question...but I
need reassurance!