Old September 5th 03, 02:01 AM
tomcas

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I had played with the image lock previous to my posting except with
a much smaller area of text that the Nokia utility provides. Under
these conditions I could seen what was happening during adjustment.

I already had the Nokia program but never used it with the new
Samsung. As soon as I filled the whole screen with the Nokia text
pattern and started fooling with the image lock, viola, super clean
black on white text, As a further test he blue on white is
crystal clear also.

Now I'm a happy camper....

Now here's the kicker. When I first had this problem I emailed Samsung's
tech support requesting help. The guy who responded several days later
suggested I do things like update my video driver. I thanked him for his
quick response, told him that wasn't the problem but I had found it just
the same, and suggested they add it to their FAQs which 2 months later
they have yet to do. Thankfully, Samsung does a much better job
designing and building LCDs then they do supporting them. Kind of
reminds me of Asus.