Old May 1st 07, 11:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
don't look[_2_]

Default Which is better? GeForce 8600 GTS/Radeon X1700SE...

Didn't Dell bring back XP because of complaints?

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
ink.net...
'Tom & Cindy' wrote, in part:
| We are about to buy a new computer and are looking at a Dell and an HP.

| don't want to start a Dell vs HP argument, but one of the components

that
| am weighing into my decision is the graphics card. I realize that

neither
| of these is probably great, but want the best I can get.
_____

Actually Dell makes a 410 XPS that DOES have an nVidia 8800 GTX graphics
card. On the other hand the price is outrageous. You also are forced to
have a flavor of Windows Vista installed; Windows Vista may actually be
ready for prime time when the first Service Pack comes out.

Phil Weldon

"Tom & Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
| Hi All,
|
| We are about to buy a new computer and are looking at a Dell and an HP.

| don't want to start a Dell vs HP argument, but one of the components

that
| am weighing into my decision is the graphics card. I realize that

neither
| of these is probably great, but want the best I can get.
|
| The Dell XPS 410 has the Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS w/ 256 MB memory.
| The HP m8000y has the ATI Radeon X1700SE w/ 512 MB memory.
|
| While I have been able to find some info on the GeForce, I know nothing
| about the Radeon.
|
| Or, would I be better off just getting the cheapest card option

available