Old March 14th 05, 05:29 AM
Pagan

"JD" wrote in message
My Remote Wonder II doesn't work, no matter what I do. I can still get
the original RW to work, but not RW2. The one I have has a round base
unit with no light on it (unlike the original, which has a light).
When I load the RW2 software, reboot, and plug in the base unit,
Windows XP recognizes that base unit, but the icon doesn't load in the
system tray (if I then plug in the original RW base unit, the icon
does load).

I recently reloaded XP and all my programs onto a clean system but
still could not get RW2 to work. I've tried various suggestions I've
seen on the Web but not work for me.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Um, there is a light on mine. It's faint, but it's there. A red LED seen
through the plastic.

Anyway, these things are finicky. They don't like hubs, and work best when
plugged directly into a USB port on the back of the computer.

It's possible they don't like USB 2.0, but I haven't confirmed that.

Way back when, it didn't work reliably. Now, with the new drivers, I
haven't had a problem.

Make sure your remote and receiver are on the same channel, and try changing
the channel, just in case something else is jamming it.

Pagan