Old July 15th 03, 03:46 PM
Mike

Hi,
I saw your post on Google (Dual monitors: 'Allow taskbar to span
multiple monitors' ).

What caught my attention my was:
"Installed Windows Server 2003 on the new one. A number of problems,
but seem to have gotten them
mostly fixed."

Have a similar machine (dual XEON) from HP:
Am trying to set up a dual-boot development machine for XP
professional
(C: drive, 73G Seagate15K scsiU320,Basic primary part.), and 2003
Server (D:
drive, another 73G Seagate15K scsiU320,Basic primary part.).
The system is an HP XW8000, dual Zeon 2.8GHz, with Hyper-threading
enabled,
2Gig
ECC DDR Ram.
Built-in LSI logic 1020/1030 U320 SCSI Adapters. (only 1 used)
Built-in Firewire (not used but bios enabled)
Built-in Intel82540EM Ethernet (used)
Additional PCI Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet card (used)
HP DVD Writer 200j attached on Secondary IDE (Built-in Ultra ADA)
Mouse and Keyboard are attached to PS/2 ports
USB's enabled but unused.
AGP Video (NVIDIA QUADRO4 980 XGL)

Up to this point I have been unable to install Window Server 2003 on
the machine as delivered by HP (and HP does not seem to support
Windows 2003 on Workstations).

Attempted to install 2003 Server on second bare NTFS hard
drive (D.
Setup seemed to be going along fine (several reboots) had just
finished the
"Installing Devices Step". Screen turned grey (entering in graphics
mode?)with "33 minutes left" and Boom...Blue screen with "unknown
error".

Setup's "Hardware Compatibility Check" button that you are supposed
to be able to use before attempting to install will not perform the
check unless the OS is targeted for the C:
drive(XP) is upgradeable (isn't) or if it is deleted (won't..not my
goal).

If you have any insight, since you've gotten further than me, I would
be grateful.
Thanks,
Mike