Old June 26th 03, 01:01 AM
neopolaris

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
"Patrick Flaherty" wrote in message
Hi,

Programmer in the SF East Bay. New machine: an HP/Compaq XW8000 with an

OEM'ed
nVidia Quadro NVS to support two monitors.

First nVidia board I've had and am fumbling my way through the (nVidia)
software.

One twist: my old machine was running Windows Server 2000. Installed

Windows
Server 2003 on the new one. A number of problems, but seem to have gotten

them
mostly fixed. And have both monitors working.

The taskbar doesn't stretch across the bottom of both monitors as it did

on my
old machine. Found 'Allow taskbar to span multiple monitors' in the

Windows tab
in nView Desktop Manager. Ah just what I want.

Check it and hit Apply ... the 'right side' doesn't appear (my primary

monitor
is the left). The contents of the taskbar show pretty clearly that it has
expanded. Except that it's not actually displaying (gee that would be

helpful)
on the monitor that it was supposed to extend into.

There are a number of variables here (Windows 2003 Server being one ... as

well
as the fact that I have 'closely related' but not identical monitors [two
slightly different NEC 21 inchers) ... where do I start or what might be

useful
for me to know?

pat