Old October 23rd 03, 01:06 AM
Ogre

Summat seriously wrong if 1024*768 is beyond your system, I run halo at
1280*1024 smooth as owt

Abit NF7 V2
Athlon 2400+ XP
256mb 3200 DDR
Radeon 9500pro Modded to 9700

Ogre

"Jonathan DeVowe" AddressUponRequest wrote in message

"Richard Rollins" wrote in message

My system is :
NF7S 2.0
Barton 2500
Audigy sound card
2x256 pc2700 crucial ram
60gig barracuda IV hard drive
Win98se
latest Omega drivers

When I first started playeng Halo, the game was running fine but without

any
colour textures just the various 3d models. Eventually sorted it by

going
the D3D settings in 3D section of the advanced section for display

settings.
Moving the settings from performance, to Balanced got everything running

as
it should be. Running at 800x600 instead of 1024x768 as it is beyond my
system. Have not put in either of the patches yet, havent found any need

for
them, game is stable and apart from occasional slow down when it gets

hectic
game runs fine. Will maybe experiment later, and probably foul it all

up.
One final thing have added -use11 to the halo.exe so that it reads
halo -use11.exe when highlighted.

You do not rename the EXE file with -use11, you use it in the command

line.
Right click on the shortcut icon, click properties, and in target go the

the
end of the line and add -use11. You can also add -novideo to get rid of

the
intro movies that play when you launch halo. Click the link below for an
example of the above.

http://thejzone.virtualave.net/other/halo.shortcut.jpg