Old October 22nd 03, 04:06 PM
Ben Pope

JAD wrote:
when you install MAYA (non bootleg) will tell you in the beginning of the
install that there will be changes made to your system. I cannot give
specifics as I do not own that software. However, during my training at
college, we had the option to use whichever software we wanted on a new
bank of machines. We took the initiative to install the software
ourselves, that's when I discovered this. I did not do the virtual dub
install, but through the grapevine heard that games stopped running
exceptionally after the software was installed. All this makes sense as
this software is normally installed and hardly ANYTHING else, in the work
environment. It is not printed on the web page(at least not anywhere I
have found) but it does discuss it briefly in the install manual that
comes with the software. I know I know black & white is the only way
you'll except this....well I don't have it, but I can tell you through
experience with the software, this is true... these kids have no business
having that SW ITFP. It can only be ripped off, And as a retired
professional I resent the fact that they do....even Adobe and their
release of 'essentials' ****ed me off.

Take it the way you will, I rarely post things that I cannot prove, but
this is one time that my experience will have to do....

Well off-hand I can see no reason to directly modify system files that would
affect game performance.

I suspect that in certain situations whats happening is that it's
introducing a layer in the drivers that is adding some kind of functionality
but slowing down the rendering overall. Who knows... anything is possible.

Ben