View Single Post
Old October 22nd 03, 03:41 PM
JAD
external usenet poster

when you install MAYA (non bootleg) will tell you in the beginning of the install that there will be changes made to your system. I
cannot give specifics as I do not own that software. However, during my training at college, we had the option to use whichever
software we wanted on a new bank of machines. We took the initiative to install the software ourselves, that's when I discovered
this. I did not do the virtual dub install, but through the grapevine heard that games stopped running exceptionally after the
software was installed. All this makes sense as this software is normally installed and hardly ANYTHING else, in the work
environment. It is not printed on the web page(at least not anywhere I have found) but it does discuss it briefly in the install
manual that comes with the software. I know I know black & white is the only way you'll except this....well I don't have it, but I
can tell you through experience with the software, this is true... these kids have no business having that SW ITFP. It can only be
ripped off, And as a retired professional I resent the fact that they do....even Adobe and their release of 'essentials' ****ed me
off.

Take it the way you will, I rarely post things that I cannot prove, but this is one time that my experience will have to do....

"Ben Pope" wrote in message ...
JAD wrote:
you are aware that (in your prior post) that MAYA and all that other
expensive software was never meant to be installed in conjunction with
'games', There are subtle changes made to various system and driver
files.

Hmm... not sure what you mean by that. Do you have any specifics?

Ben
--
I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...