Old July 22nd 04, 04:55 AM
Michael-NC

I have a A7N8X with a native sata raid controller that I wasn't using and
just installed 2 WD Raptor hard drives in a raid 0 array and then cloned the
C drive to the array with Acronis True Image 7.0 It went smooth as butter.
The program made the array bootable, I just needed to unplug the C drive
when the clone was finished and I was prompted to shut down the machine.

"Mr Mister" wrote in message
I have a current working WinXP installation on a P4P800e Deluxe with

Seagate
160Gb SATA drive, and I want to add another identical drive to create a

RAID
1 mirror. I need to avoid losing data or bootability on my current drive.
Last time I tried this on a P4P800-d, I lost access and had to reinstall.

What is the best proceedure to add 2nd SATA drive and create RAID1 while

not
destroying the parent drive?

Thanks.