Old January 3rd 04, 03:59 PM
philo

"Zenobia" wrote in message
I have an ASUS A7A 133 mobo; ALiMaGiK 1 chipset. This is in a generic
case with an Althon 1500 and a Maxtor 80G HD.

It's broke. (1) When I switch the computer on the green and red front
panel lights flash once but nothing happens.

(2) Prior to this the machine would sometimes spontaneously reboot
itself (over about once per day over several previous months).

snip

first off, I'd try resetting the bios...
there is usually a jumper next to it that will enable you to return the
machine to it's original factory defaults.

If, after substituting parts, you determine the the motherboard is bad,
you can always slave the harddrive into another machine and retrieve your
data...
assuming your drive is NTFS, you can read it from any win2k or XP machine