Old February 6th 04, 03:28 PM
BarryNL

MT wrote:
I'm nearly at the stage of finalising my parts for a new system, but need
some recommendations on the following storage devices or another model I
haven't thought about

Firstly a DVD burner (-/+ RW drives): Narrowed down to the Liteon 811S (8x),
the LG 4061B or the Pioneer 107 (8x). Which one?

Secondly are two 120GB 7200 8MB SATA drives for use in a RAID 0 array and
one IDE 120GB ATA133 8MB drive used as the main boot drive. I can't decide
for the SATA drives between the Maxtor, Seagate or Western Digital . For the
IDE drive I was thinking between the Hitachi and the Maxtor. Any
suggestions?

Any particular reason why you want to use your slower disk as the system
disk and the faster RAID 0 as storage only? Normally you want the
fastest disk configuration as your system drive. Personally, I'd use
either the RAID or get one of the WD Raptors as the system disk in a
system costing this much.