Old January 26th 05, 04:10 AM
Rod Speed

wrote in message
oups.com...
When trying to boot my PC, the first thing that displays right after
turning on the PC is the following message:

A problem with the hard drive has been detected. Consult the
Troubleshooting section of your user's manual.

After pressing the Enter key, the system will continue to boot. After
logging in, the PC is running really slow and I get an hour-glass when
I place the cursor over the menu bar. Does this mean there is a
problem with the hard drive.

I ran the recovery console and ran the chkdsk program. It doesn't
complete saying that there is a problem with the drive.
Does this mean the drive is going bad?

Yep.