Old May 4th 08, 01:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default BFG video cards and overclocking

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
CarpathiaMan wrote:
Hey all,

Any BFG video card owners here doing their own overclocking?

I'm trying to get an idea of how strict they are with the enforcement
of their warranty.

I've searched around, but I'm finding conflicting answers.

Peace.

You broke your video card by OCing, is that your motivation?

Did you ask these groups for advice and limits regarding OCing before you
went ahead and broke your card, it's not like you don't know how to
crosspost....let me check the archives...hmm...nothing here ...nope you
didn't ask!

Phew..aren't you glad you *didn't* break your card? Now, go ask BFG
directly what their policy is, and don't break your card. GPU OCing is
highly overrated these days, it's not like it used to be.

I have to agree on that. I did some troubleshooting for a friend who bought
two super clocked custom tweaked voltmodded 8800GTS cards. The specs were
impressive. His stability was not. I solved that (fan speed never rose above
37% in 3D or with temp so I modded the BIOS for him) but I was underwhelmed
by the difference between his cards with a 100% stock BIOS setting and the
"kapow" hot settings (810 core / 2150Mhz RAM / 2075 shader). It boosted his
3DMark06 score by about 350 from stock settings. I didn't bench his card in
games, just got it stable and running in 3D. Waste of money for IMHO....eBay
auction 190202247155 if you want to check out the actual cards he got.