Old April 20th 07, 01:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
joey

Default NVIDIA: "We Underestimated Necessary Resources for Vista Driver Development"

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:35:41 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , joey says...
On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:39:55 GMT, "babaloo"
wrote:

It is not the drivers that suck. It is Vista that sucks.

Spoken by a true technology expert (yawn).

It's not Vista that interacts with the video card. The code between
the graphics system of the of an operating system and the driver is
all the same. The driver lies between the OS and the video card, and
the driver is where people are having problems. Drivers are written
by video card vendors, not Microsoft.

Vista is the worst product every issued by Microsoft, an unbelievable
fiasco.

People said the same thing about XP at first.

Ruling out graphics card drivers because we're not talking 3D
gaming....

I've just installed XP and apps etc on a XP1500 system with 512MB RAM.

It boots, opens apps and runs faster than my X2 4800, 2GB system with
Vista on.

I was fkin disgusted.

I was specifically addressing the post by bubaloo or whatever, but to
address the problem you're describing, that same phenomenon has
occurred with every MS OS release since the early days of DOS.

Win 95 didnt have the responsiveness that Win 3.1 had. Win 98 didn't
load apps as fast as 95, and so on and so forth through XP.

As time goes by, people learn which services to disable to make things
faster, third party drivers get optimized, performance issues get
patched, and we all slowly upgrade to faster systems (the next Intel
processor cominig out is 25% faster than the one they have now). And
before we know it, we take the OS speed and responsivness for granted
and expect the next generation OS to have not only twice the feature
set of our current OS, but to also perform like DOS did on a 386.