Old July 21st 04, 07:16 PM
ElJerid

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
newspsbhnptolaiowgp@blue...
Ok, maybe watercooling the power supply was not a good idea.

It certainly kept the power transistors with the big heatsinks cool, but

what of the poor little diodes and a transformer, which didn't get the
airflow they expected?

Been working fine for a few weeks, then suddenly..... about 15 bangs,

flashes, sparks etc flew out of it, as though I had lit an entire box of
fireworks under the desk. Strangely the PC continued to run while this
happened (for about 10 seconds, at which point the PSU gave up and it went
off. Fuses all intact! Replaced the PSU, and the PC booted ok! Just one
drive of the mirror/stripe appeared to be blank/corrupted, but it's
autorebuilding it in the background.

http://80.229.155.158/temp/psufail

Watercooling in a power supply...
You must be crazy, my friend !!! And very lucky, having so
little damage.
For the same price, you could have your motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphic card
and even disks completely destroyed.
On top, if your PSU is powerful enough for your hardware configuration,
there is absolutely no need for extra cooling in a normal case with normal
air flow.