Old July 21st 04, 06:01 PM
rstlne

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
newspsbhu1umfaiowgp@blue...
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:30:16 GMT, rstlne wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
newspsbhqrth3aiowgp@blue...
That's one hell of a failure. I thought I was maybe overloading it,

but
I'm using 200W peak, and it was a 300W supply.

Anyway I've sourced a fanless one for £120....

Yea, I have seen some nice new fanless ones out there in the market..
Tho to be honest I woulda probably been more tempted to just mount a

couple
of NB coolers on the heatsinks inside the PSU itself (sure it could be
done).

NB?

I DID mount coolers on the heatsinks. But I think more than that needed

cooling.

Ahhhh
yea I see what you did now
Yea you probably needed a verry small airflow.. But nearly all of the heat
comes from those 5/6 (or 8/9 on some) amps that are connected to the 2
(sometimes 3) sinks..

I find it verry strange myself, Are you sure that there wasnt any leaking or
that even there wasnt possilbly metal shavings inside the unit after
installing the blocks?