Old May 22nd 04, 09:27 PM
kony

On Sat, 22 May 2004 14:19:18 GMT, "Brandon Brown"
wrote:

I bought 2 Dlink DGE-530T 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) Ethernet cards to replace my
10/100 Mbps. To test it, I installed on 2 WinXP computers and linked with a
Cat 5
crossover cable. The icons on the system tray showed "Speed: 1 Gbps" on both
computers

Then, I tried to download some files form one computer to another using both
Share drive and Webserver, the result was so disappointed... on average
it's about 3 MB/sec which is about 24 Mbps -- 24% of 100 Mbps!!! My old
10/100 Mbps could do the same???!!!! I assume 1000 Mbps would give me at
least 200 Mbps in trasfer speed! Am I correct?

Did I do something wrong? Is there something I need to setup in Windows,
registry or some settings in driver to
get faster speed? please help.

Thanks

Is your crossover cable fully wired for Gb, or only Mb?

Gb uses all 4 pairs of wires,
http://logout.sh/computers/net/gigabit/

I don't know if such a cable problem would result or change the "1 Gbps"
icon you see or not.. in a perfect world it would, but in this one???