Old May 22nd 04, 07:16 PM
*Vanguard*

Brandon Brown said in
.cable.rogers.com:
I bought 2 Dlink DGE-530T 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) Ethernet cards to
replace my 10/100 Mbps. To test it, I installed on 2 WinXP computers
and linked with a Cat 5
crossover cable. The icons on the system tray showed "Speed: 1 Gbps"
on both computers

Then, I tried to download some files form one computer to another
using both Share drive and Webserver, the result was so
disappointed... on average it's about 3 MB/sec which is about 24 Mbps
-- 24% of 100 Mbps!!! My old 10/100 Mbps could do the same???!!!!
I assume 1000 Mbps would give me at least 200 Mbps in trasfer speed!
Am I correct?

Did I do something wrong? Is there something I need to setup in
Windows, registry or some settings in driver to
get faster speed? please help.

Thanks

What happens if you setup a ramdrive on each host and transfer files
between those?

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=NEWS=" to Subject.