Old February 26th 04, 01:22 AM
Mary

Default Please Help

I just got a new ATI 9000 Pro video card today and can't get it installed
(it was a choice between 9000 Pro or 9200. I hope I didn't make the wrong
choice.

I am using Windows 98SE.
I can't get the drivers installed. The card is OEM, and the guy at the store
gave me an installation disk which is for Sapphire 9200 Pro, but I notice in
the pdf file on the CD, it refers to Radeon 9800. At any rate, I couldn't
get the drivers to install from that CD. So I went to AtI site and
downloaded Catalyst drivers - latest edition for 9000 series video cards.
I installed those, but they asked for the ATI install CD, which I put in the
drive and it wanted the file4 ati2cqag.dll, which I found and clicked on,
then it put two lines in display in Device manager - one was 9000 series,
next line was 9000 secondary series and the next was the PCI standard video
card which I had to use before to get into my computer.
Oh, and it said to remove old drivers from add/remove software and when I
clicked on Ati display uninstall driver, it said " can't initialize" or
something and when I clicked on it again, it did absolutely nothing.
I am not sure I have events in proper sequences as I've tried so many things
I've forgotten half of them. The 9000 card is still in my computer, but no
drivers have been installed, and the PCI video card is also in my computer
using Standard VGA.

Has anybody got any advice for me before I throw the computer out. I am sooo
frustrated after working two hours on this and got nowhere.

Mary