Old January 26th 04, 05:30 PM
Mike Walsh

Since you are running at 100% CPU usage, dual processors would help. You might be able to solve your problem by setting the foreground application for maximum performance boost.

HawkEye_42 wrote:

Hi,

I know this question has been asked before, but I wanted to know if a
dual processor system would help in my situation.

I use my system to do lots of multitasking (multiple memory intensive
programs). Usually I run two instances (don't ask why, hehe) of a
game called Dark Age of Camelot (it's an online role playing game.)
The system usually runs ok with 2 instances at one time, but I do get
lag (its system lag, not internet lag, computer screen freezes for a
couple of seconds. I am running cable modem connection) when I go
into places that have lots of characters to be rendered. I was
wondering, would it help to get a dual cpu system in my case. My
system specs and performance notes are below. Thanks for any
input!!

I am running windows xp professional (not sure if it supports dual
cpu, but I do have 2000 Professional, which does support dual cpu)

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro graphics card
Nforce2 Dual channel DDR motherboard
1024 MB DDR PC3200 ram (bank one 256*2 and bank two
512*1)
120 GB harddrive
AMD 2400+ xp (way overclocked)

Following are my performance notes I got from system performance
monitor, when both instances of the game are running:

The system uses 950+ MB of available memory
100% processor

Thats everything I can think of for now. Hopefully I gave all the
important info!!

Thanks again!

--
Mike Walsh