Old February 10th 07, 08:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Rob

Default Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe with Biostar Geforce 7600 video car-1 long beep,2 short beeps

I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps-video card error when i plug my brand
new 7600 video card PCI Express x16 into my brand new Asus M2N Sli Deluxe
motherboard. I tried both the x16 slot and the x8 slot,same thing.I
uninstalled the ram and drives and even disconnected the processor,I even
tried starting with no video card installed at all and i get this same error
code. Is it to be assumed the card is toast?

Also,the card doesnt have an external power connector like a lot of the x16
cards,do some cards not require extra power?