Old August 27th 04, 10:08 PM
Ron G

Mike:

As always, thanks for help. Good to see we share common tastes in
burners....and opera, too.

/ron

Mike Richter wrote:
Ron G wrote:

I've a Plex and TDK that burn cdr's in the 10-12x range. Very reliably
on my diminishing pile of discs made for burning at those speeds.
Can't find them any more so I'm wondering if there are high speed
discs I should avoid or prefer for using with these burners? I
understand all the talk about Made in Taiwan, etc. Just want to know
about speed issue.
Or, if compatibility a problem, does anyone know where I can find the
older discs? Thanks much.

You'll have to do some testing, but my experience with both T-Y and
Mitsui blanks suggests that they'll work well at 12x even if rated as
high as 48x. At 8x, there were a few (recoverable) errors, but at 12x
they are error-free in either of my Plexwriter 1210s's.

You may find that true on less expensive media which are easier to
locate, but there's no guarantee. Of course, the claim on the package
won't be worth much until the drive learns to read printed English. G

Mike