Old October 22nd 05, 07:05 PM
Richard Dower

Default Price drops on AMD X2 on ZipZoomFly, plus very nice freebies.............

San Diego 4000+ has dropped in price.

"John Lewis" wrote in message
The Retail-box X2 prices on ZipZoomFly have changed this morning as
follows:-

X2 3800+ $338
X2 4200+ $410
X2 4400+ $497
X2 4600+ $640
X2 4800+ $799

-- with free 2-day shipping to mainland US.

Plus for all except X2 3800+, a free copy of Nero 7 Ultra edition
(full retail afaik), DVD media and a wine-stopper..........

I have not recently checked other prices in the AMD stable.
However, here are the top-end:

A4000+ San Diego $344
FX-57 $1011
FX-55 $811

The FX-57 still sure does not look like good performance-per-$$
Modest overclock of others, especially X2 4800+ makes it a no
contest, imho. Of course, there are those who worship at the altar
of clock-rate and "my processor is faster than your processor"....
like Intel, before AMD showed them the light.........

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.