Old October 20th 03, 05:59 PM
Mike Walsh

This is not normal behavior. If you write to a CDR you can either leave the disk open (not finalized) so you can add another session, or close (finalize) the CD so that nothing else can be written to it. I suspect the the CD was left open and when you tried to add another session the directory was corrupted.

Dos-Man wrote:

Hi, I'm running Nero burning software on
the Cd-RW drive I just bought. Someone told me
to use CD-R discs if I don't want anyone to be
able to rewrite a disc I burned. So I got a CD-R disc
and burned it.

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see
what would happen if I tried to re-burn it.

The burning software apparently didn't know it was a CD-R.
It tried to reburn it again, hung, and corrupted the disc.

Is this "normal" behavior for burning software?

dos-man

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.